If you tend to work up a big appetite after a run, Coulson’s B.E.L.T is the perfect way to refuel. It’s so hearty you might want to consider sharing it with a friend (it serves 2), but we won’t judge you if you don’t.
1 pound natural smoked back bacon
1 ripe heirloom tomato
1 hydroponic Bibb lettuce
A loaf of artisanal sourdough beard
4 whole eggs
250 pickled ramp mayo *recipe below*
1. Cook the bacon until golden brown
2. Slice tomatoes about 1cm thick
3. Wash the bibb lettuce and portion into 2″ cups
4. Toast the sourdough until golden brown
5. Spread mayo on both slices of bread, and place both mayo side up on a plate
6. Lay down Bibb lettuce on the bread, then the bacon and finish with the tomatoes and fresh cracked pepper.
To finish, place 2 sunny side up eggs on top of B.L.T, slice down the middle and enjoy.
250 Pickled Ramp Mayo
2 egg yolks
1 tbs Dijon mustard
200 ml grape seed oil
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tbs minced pickle ramps
1. Add the egg yolks to a small mixing bowl
2. Whisk in Dijon mustard until smooth
3. Slowly incorporate grape seed oil and continue whisking. The yolks will begin to emulsify, but be sure to continue adding the oil in
4. Add in minced pickled ramps, lemon juice and a pinch of salt
5. Cover in a plastic container and set aside for your B.L.T. The mayo can stay refrigeration for up to three days.